On Tuesday, 17 November, 11 am – 12:30 pm, Verra will co-host a webinar on “The Future of Nested REDD+: The State of Play.” This webinar is part of the International Emissions Trading Association’s webinar series called “IETA Live: Carbon Market Virtual Series” and will explore expert perspectives about the evolution of Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) projects. Key finance and policy issues related to integrating project-level actions into larger scales will be a key focus. Practitioners from countries where nested REDD+ is being designed and implemented will share experiences of accounting and policy as well as measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) considerations. We’ll conclude with a discussion of how nested REDD+ mechanisms will need to be designed to play a part in truly safeguarding the world’s remaining forests.
- Manuel Estrada, REDD+ and AFOLU Director, Verra
- Charlotte Streck, Co-Founder & Director, Climate Focus
- Angela Foster-Rice, SVP – Strategic Business Development, Everland
- Leslie L. Durschinger, Founder, CEO, CIO, Terra Global
- Donna Lee, Independent
- Jose Gildardo Galvez, Advisor to the Environmental Information and Climate Change Unit – Vice Ministry of Natural Resources and Climate Change from Guatemala
Click here to register.